SANDUSKY COUNTY YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP
Mission and Vision Statement
To attract, engage and motivate young professionals to make Sandusky County an even greater place to live, work and play.
To be the premier organization for Sandusky County Young Professionals, connecting its membership with the community while involving and empowering everyone’s potential.
Advance your career, meet other young professionals.
The SCYPG is built from our area’s best talent to support and enhance our influence in the community. The SCYPG is dedicated to empowering young professionals with educational, leadership, mentoring and networking opportunities. We know Sandusky County is a great place to live, work and play; we want to showcase our assets, as well as continuing to improve the area for all to enjoy! The SCYPG offers something for everyone, whether they are new to the industry, or they’re an aspiring leader already established in an organization.
The SCYPG is committed to these three values: CONNECT with community leaders and young professionals, DISCOVER opportunities, and THRIVE individually and as a community.
Patriot Day 5k
Sat September 11, 2021
Gibsonburg, OH US 43431
Sandusky County Young Professionals Awards
The SCYPG would like to honor young professionals who are making a difference in Sandusky County. Professionals between the ages of 21 and 45 can be recognized for the categories: Best Next Generation Workplace Award, Love Sandusky County Volunteer Award, Young Leader of the Year Award, Young Professional of the Year Award.
Best Next Generation Award
Love Sandusky County Volunteer Award
Leader of the Year Award
Young Professional of the Year
Past winners include:
Best Next Generation Award: The Willows, 2019; UIS Insurance, 2018
Love Sandusky County Volunteer Award: David Thornbury, 2019; Jason Conklin, 2018
Leader of the Year Award: Tory Thompson, 2019; Mayor Danny Sanchez, 2018
Young Professional of the Year: Amanda Sears, 2019; Cori Foos, 2018
The mission of Giving Birthdays is to provide youth in foster or kinship care the opportunity to celebrate their birthday and make a birthday wish! An entire birthday celebration is assembled, packaged, and then delivered to a S.U.P.E.R foster child. This party in a box, includes a birthday cake, candles, party plates, a birthday present, and party decorations. Each one is customized to the child and their dreams, talents, career interests, and wishes.
More often than not, children are placed into a home with nothing but the clothes on their backs. In the case of kinship placement, we know that families may not be prepared to raise additional family members, but are also too proud to ask for additional help, or may not qualify for assistance.
Every child deserves the opportunity to celebrate special milestones throughout the year. By the SCYPG providing a birthday celebration we are letting every child know that they are special, as well as, providing support to their caregivers.
We believe that every child deserves to celebrate their birthday.
If you are a foster care or kinship care guardian who would like to participate in the Giving Birthdays program for your youth ages 0-21 please fill out our online registration form below.
The Sandusky County Young Professionals goal is to help attract and retain young men and women aged 21-45 working or living in Sandusky County.
A one-year membership to Sandusky County Young Professionals costs $50 due annually.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial or in-kind support of the Sandusky County Young Professionals Group empowers and sustains our growth and impact as an organization. Our programs and partnerships would not be possible without the support of the local business community.
As a sponsor for SCYPG, you will be providing the resources necessary to ensure the longevity of the organization. In addition to tangible benefits, your generosity will advance Sandusky County’s next generation of leaders while supporting a variety of other Sandusky County non-profit groups with young professional leadership and/or involvement.
What does SCYPG do?
- Create Networking Opportunities
- Contribute to and enrich the community
- Provide opportunities for educational and professional development
- Provide an outlet for volunteer information and opportunities
- Create and cultivate future leaders
- Work to keep our YP’s in Sandusky County
What does membership provide?
- The SCYPG is open to new members aged 21-45. We host monthly membership events where you will meet many of the YPG board and committee members, and learn about some of the YPG programs and initiatives. By joining the SCYPG you will also be able to attend events hosted by the Chamber of Commerce of Sandusky County.
- The annual commitment is only $50. For more information, please reach out to the SCYPG by emailing email@example.com.
- The overall benefit of the SCYPG is determined by each member’s goals and their determination to reach those goals. Whether you want to connect with community leaders and line-minded young professionals, engage in the Sandusky County communities through service and outreach or develop professional leadership skills, YPG’s member benefits are endless.
Some benefits to members include:
- Invitation to ALL SCYPG Events
- Discounted Registration to Special Events/Programs
- Access to Private Networking Events
- A Collective Voice for Young Professionals in Sandusky County
- Access to community Volunteer Opportunities
- Broadened perspectives and enhanced potential
- Opportunities to influence positive change in the community
- Unique contact with community leaders
- Access to Chamber of Commerce members only events
Secretary and Treasurer
Interested in being a part of a SCYPG committee or have a question about a certain event or program? Contact one of our committee or event chairs today!